CONSUMER DATA PROTECTION/PRIVACY NOTICE
At Community First Guam Federal Credit Union, we do everything we can to
protect the privacy of consumers and our members including those who visit our
web site. We value your time and your interest in our organization. We place
high priority on ensuring the security and privacy of data pertaining to each
member. Community First FCU is aware that as members, you have entrusted
us with your financial information and accounts, and also have shared personal
information with us.
Community First FCU's Consumer Data Protection and Privacy Practices
Community First FCU's Board of Directors and staff believe it is important to
inform you of the data protection and privacy practices we have instituted, which
1. Established specific security protection practices to insure privacy of
2. Defined control methods to limit access to consumer information
3. Formalized procedures and processes to insure the maintenance of
4. Established procedures and restrictions on disclosure of member account
5. Defined standards for consumer data collection, use, and methods of
6. Required consumer data privacy covenants in third-party service and
7. Ensured our staff is committed to protect a consumer's right to data
8. Disclosed to our members our privacy benchmarks and provided an
overview of institution privacy practices
To insure that we successfully accomplish these priority practices, as an
organization we have:
• Established formal guidelines for management and staff to insure the
protection of consumer data and staff awareness of data privacy are top
• Developed and provided to potential and existing members a detailed
• Established guidelines to insure proper procedures and controls are in
place to address those situations required by law when we must disclose
nonpublic personal information about you
The consumer data protection/privacy notice serves as a reference guide for
consumers, members, and credit union staff, and management regarding the
protection of your data and your privacy.
Accuracy of Information
Every effort is made to insure our records of your information are complete and
correct. If an error is noted on your statement or in any other communication
from us, please contact us at the number listed on your account materials as
soon as possible.
The Collection and Use of Information
We need to collect information about you to conduct our business relationship.
However, in order to protect your information, we maintain and enforce strict
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from various sources
• Information we received from you on applications and other forms
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about you to anyone, except as
permitted by law.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive member, we will
adhere to the privacy policies as described in this notice.
We collect only the information necessary to deliver quality products and
services to our members. Only authorized and trained employees have access
to member information.
We also are continually assessing new technology, as it becomes available, to
continue to best protect your privacy.
NOTICE: Important information about procedures for opening a new
On October 26, 2001, President Bush signed the USA PATRIOT ACT into law.
Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act says Community First Guam Federal Credit
Union (CFGFCU) must:
-Verify the identity of any person seeking to open an account that
includes Trust, Investments, Safe Deposits, Loan and Deposit
-Maintain records of the information used to verify the person's
identity to include the name, address, and other identifying means.
What this means for you is that as of October 01, 2003, when you open an
account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information
that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or
other identifying documents.
CFGFCU supports all efforts in order to protect and maintain the security of our
members and our country.
Thank you for your patronage and support.